This recipe is inspiring, original & very easy… just a single step, a “Blend it all” recipe!
A perfect after dinner treat for the entire family. Makes you happy!
You will need the following for 6-8 popsicles
- 2 cups Whole Milk
- 1/4 cup Heavy Cream or 2 TBSP Thick Cream
- 4 TBSP Nutella
- 1 TBSP Cocoa Powder
Blend the above & pour in a Popsicle Mold & Freeze for minimum 4 hours.
Quick tip to remove the popsicle:
- Heat hot water in a Mug (minute in the Microwave)
- Immerse the Mold in the hot water for 20 seconds
- Carefully remove the popsicle & Enjoy!
shhhh (Dakshin Copycat Recipe)
This recipe is inspired by Park Sheraton Dakshin’s famous Banana Dosa, and is from my mom. My daughters love this as a snack or dinner. This is also one of my favorite “office-snacks”. These little dosas can be refrigerated and warmed up in the microwave before serving.
What you need:
- 2 Ripe Bananas
- 1 Cup Wheat Flour
- 1 TBSP Rice Flour
- 1 Pinch Cardamom Powder
- ½ cup Jaggery/Sugar
- Coconut Flakes/Bits – 3 TBSP (Optional)
- 1 ½ to 2 Cups Water
- Butter/Ghee/Oil for pan frying
Here’s how the cute lil banana dosas are made:
- Boil the Sugar/Jaggery with ½ cup water. Keep aside to cool once it comes to a rolling boil. Strain into a mixing bowl
- Add to the mixing bowl: mashed banana, wheat flour, rice flour, cardamom powder
- Mix remaining water to make a batter (pan-cake batter consistency)
- Heat a pan and add a little butter/oil/ghee
- Drop 1 spoon of batter onto the pan. Turn & cook the other side till brown. Add a little more butter/oil/ghee for extra yum!
I love Michigan. I love Coffee. I love Baking. I love Rowing. I love Madras.
All that I love, I discovered in Michigan.
Michigan, a stepping stone to a wonderful life… a life that has come full circle as I am back in Madras.
my home, my love! Madras & Michigan.
I left Madras to go to Michigan. I have left Michigan to return back to Madras.
Waiting to go back, waiting to come home, the heart meanders from Michigan to Madras & Madras to Michigan.
Home now, namma Chennai, er Madras.
Why this “Holiday Cheer” Theme? Because I immediately think of Snow when I think of Michigan, & I think of the Holiday Season when I think of Snow! How I miss the combination of the Snow, Holiday Season & Michigan!